Saturday, February 09, 2008

Siskel & Ebert Review Batman Mask of The Phantasm

I bought this movie on VHS a few years ago. I finally got a chance to see this movie having missed it the first time around. It seems it was out one week then the next week it was out of the theaters.

I was a fan of the animated series that aired on FOX usually during the week. I was often able to watch this program after school. It intrigued me because of the animation.

I still didn't think this was the true Batman. I don't think I ever knew about the Time Burton Batman movies, either Batman or Batman Returns. The animated Batman that I saw circa 1992-93 was much more serious than watching Adam West or Burt Ward from the 1960s.

When I finally saw the movie I enjoyed it. The film soundtrack was top notch and atmospheric. The intro chilled my soul in the worst way.

I'll also give one important distinction about this movie, near the end of the film you would catch me sobbing. I'll just leave it at that. The plot wasn't the best, but it's still an enjoyable movie.

Great animation and the superhero is broughtback to his more human elements. Did you know Batman/Bruce Wayne had a girlfriend once upon a time?

Check it out and watch with your children! Especially if you look at the review by the late Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert.

No comments:

Post a Comment