Saturday, September 29, 2007

Lost silent Hollywood

I've admired silent movies. In the earliest days of the "motion picture" directors and cinematographers didn't have the luxury of color or even sound. All that had to be done was snap pictures of a scene and then these pictures come alive because each frame becomes motion. The people move and walk.

This really was a funny video I saw I can't tell you much about it because this YouTube user didn't give much of a description of this video. It was funny though and the further you go I call it history. Near the end after you see this story about a man visiting Universal Studios you will see how cinematographers shot their footage, with hand cranked movie cameras. They were probably complicated for their time, but I imagine very simple machines for most of us today.

Still watch this. I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment